Thursday, July 21, 2011

Things I Love Thursday -- July 21st Edition



This weeks love list will start from last Friday, the 15th. Ever since that day until today I had one of the best weeks ever. But then again don't I always say that?

With that said, here is what I am in love with for this week:

~~People watching at Starbucks at 7am in the morning on a Friday. Now I have not been in NYC that early in a very long time so it was an interesting thing to watch. All of the hustle and bustle that was happening. One woman was yelling at someone on her mobile phone about business at 7am. 7am. ON A FRIDAY. What is there to yell about at 7am in the morning on a Friday?

~~The perfect oatmeal at Starbucks.

~~The movie Midnight in Paris. Such a visually entertaining movie. I enjoyed the scenery as it was set and filmed in Paris (swoon!) Owen Wilson was superb as well as Racheal McAdams but there was a major plot hole for me, At midnight, Gil (played by Owen Wilson) would go on these crazy adventures with his creative idols from the 1920's since he believes the best time of the world was Paris in the 1920's and that he was born too late. The idols -- I am talking about Cole Porter, Gertrude Stein, Hemingway, Dali, and so forth. My question is -- how exactly did he get to the point of having those adventures? Was he drunk or stoned? The jist of the movie was a love story and to make sure you are with the person you most connect with and while I enjoyed the movie above is what I had a major issue with. Maybe I need to see it again?

~~Sitting in Madison Square Park with a typical Parisian lunch of salad and baguette after viewing Midnight in Paris. Very peaceful and splendid.

~~Telling girls in Madison Square Park's reflection pool that they were stealing wishes when they were picking out pennies from the pool. They listened and put them back.

~~Having a random woman in Union Square Park give me a spot on psychic reading.

~~Bar XII for showing WWE Money in the Bank.

~~Having random chants of COLT CABANA and ICE CREAM BARS happen in Bar XII

~~Trying a new cake recipe with some variations to it (will be posted tomorrow.)

What are you in love with this week?

1 comment:

  1. "Telling girls in Madison Square Park's reflection pool that they were stealing wishes when they were picking out pennies from the pool. They listened and put them back."
    This is so cute and made me smile! Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete

I love all kinds of feedback so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the comment love! I truly adore everything and anything you have to say!