Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tootsie Tuesday--April 13th Edition



It is Week 2 of Dani in Terminator Type Velcro Boot and I must say it is going well. My calf muscle has reduced a lot due to the no-use and it looks like I am walking with a limp, but all in all I am healing nicely. I washed my leg and foot with lots of vigor and the dead skin was coming off in sheets! I was excited. I put lotion on my leg and foot and it feels so good. Also, it was a joy to shave my leg again!

So, it has been 6 weeks on the disabled list as my fiance' likes to call it, and I have been LOSING weight. The first time I broke my left ankle, I ballooned up due to the no exercise/eating my anger. What have I done differently? THIS:

I try and get 8 hours of sleep a day.
For breakfast: I have an egg white omelet with fruit and a glass of pomegranate and apple juice.

For a snack at 2pm: I have a bowl of raisins and chopped walnuts.

For lunch: A big hearty salad with a scoop of chicken salad and hummus.

For a snack at about 5pm: Either two apples with raisins or carrots and hummus.

For dinner: Another salad with chicken or fish and vegetables.

I try to limit my desserts to once a week. Also I move around the best way I can, either by walking around my house with my crutches and lifting my legs to my chest and so forth. Once I am better, I plan on doing more walking outside and possibly get a bike. I also want to try P90X and yoga.

On April 27th I see the doctor again and hopefully my left foot will be all healed.

3 comments:

  1. what happen with u'r left foot danielle???
    i hope u alright...get well soon mon amie...

    xoxo
    dita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I broke my foot on March 4th while at work...I wrote about it in other entries..

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know someone who teaches yoga in the city and I have been looking for someone to go with, maybe when you're better we can try taking a class together??

    ReplyDelete

I love all kinds of feedback so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the comment love! I truly adore everything and anything you have to say!