Thursday, May 13, 2010

Things I Love Thursday--May 13th Edition



So my lovelies, this is what makes my heart happy this week--

--These books arriving in my mailbox: Kick-Ass by Mark Millar, The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun by Gretchen Rubin, and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith

--My Christian Siriano sneakers from Payless! They are much brighter in person. You can not go wrong with pink sneaks!


--The Mexican restaurant that David and I went to on Saturday that played The Doors all night. Also great Day of the Dead paintings throughout the place! The restaurant is called Boca Grande and their salsa verde sauce is killer!

--Edy's Girl Scouts Thin Mint ice cream! Oh my gooodness....

--Doing this on my own time (maybe a future blog entry?)
The Second Annual New York Foodie Photo Scavenger Hunt

--Sushi Cake!


--This song courtesy of Spotlight on YouTube


--Rediscovering Mary Prankster


--This was such a great idea, has me thinking about possibly doing something like this for animals:

Uniform Project Picture Book from The Uniform Project on Vimeo.



--Late night text conversations with my friend Josy about developing a reality television show called "The Hood" filled with our favorite 'hood memories.

--This Public Service Announcement from my friends, the Motor City Machine Guns


--Having the ability to go up and down the stairs in my house! Granted it is one step at a time but I can still do it. My ankle was talking to me by the end of the day though and I iced it and put it up on three pillows.

--Dusting my entire hutch and dresser. It was making me sneeze with all of the stuff on it.

--Finally got my giveaway winner package from Seeker of Happiness!

--The possibility of going back to work next week! I miss my students, I miss my bus ride, I miss the big teachers lounge, I just miss everything.

--Looking forward to Baltimore, Washington DC, CHICAGO, and Atlanta!

--Finding the best website for deals on clothing and accessories which is Clothing And Accessories on Become.com I am a sucker for messenger bags so I looked at this link Messenger Bags and found some cute styles, from a Three Afro Messenger Bag in Purple to a Dolce and Gabbana bag that was heavily discounted. Can not stop a girl with a great deal!

What is making your heart happy this week? Tell me *points to the comment box*

2 comments:

  1. Well, since you asked....
    -Large amounts of caffeine (cola and over-stewed tea) are making me happy this week.
    -So is Katie Couric. She keeps sending me these really sweet messages. (Me and 73,751 other ppl, but I can fantasise)
    -My new favourite author Tara Gilesbie has been giving me mucho lulz this week.
    -I've got tickets to see a friend perform in "Chicago" on Saturday, looking 4ward to that.

    However... Jimi Hendrix is making me unhappy. I got too excited listening to "All Along The Watchtower" and knocked cola all over my desk. A packet of Rizlas died. Damnit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are too many awesome things in this post! Mexican food? THE DOORS? SUSHI CAKE?! Love!

    ReplyDelete

I love all kinds of feedback so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the comment love! I truly adore everything and anything you have to say!