Monday, May 24, 2010

Kayfabe Monday--May 24th Edition


First and foremost, I want to say THANK YOU to my new site affiliation of TWF Wrestling News. The site is located here: TWF News and Wrestling Forum

Last week there was a lot of discussion about salaries and pay rates of TNA Wrestlers. For example, Jesse Neal is only being paid $300 per date. To add insult to this, he has to pay for accomodations for himself. Others with this structure include Generation Me. Shannon Moore basically earns triple what Neal is on, I wonder how Neal feels about that, considering he is arguably more over than Shannon is. Then, RVD is not being paid per appearance. I am not too sure what is salary may be but it is very close to his previous WWE deal of around $600,000 per year. Finally, Madison Rayne can deny the house show story all she wants but it is true. Traci Brooks lied about an injury last year because she was booked for an iMPACT! when she was in the MEM and was so broke she couldn't afford a hotel. She gets $250 per appearance, obviously she has bills to pay and all that, so it's easy to see that she may not be able to afford accommodation.

Here is my question for all of you: WHY DO YOU CARE? I remember growing up there were three topics that you did not freely discuss, unless there was a boundary of trust that is POLITICS, RELIGION, and MONEY. People usually get very heated about any of those issues. Why be angry?

Also here is another question: If Jesse Neal and Madison Rayne are having money troubles, are you going to step up to the plate and pay for their bills? Probably not as I am sure you the reader are in economic straits and in a "recession" like the rest of the United States of America. I fall into that category. I have severely cut my entertainment expense as well as I am fortunate enough to live at home and save money for old age Danielle.

The point is--whatever TNA or WWE Wrestlers make it is NONE OF THE FAN'S BUSINESS. It is their families business. It is their own private business. Let us stick to talking about storylines, ring skill, microphone skills, ring psychology, how hot the women are and their wrestling skill and other things that make this sport entertaining.

I believe in Kayfabe,
JoiseyDani

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all kinds of feedback so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the comment love! I truly adore everything and anything you have to say!