Saturday, August 27, 2011

Where Do I Want To Go To Next -- Inspired by Charade


In the past three days I have been living on my computer -- catching up on emails, catching up on Facebook and Twitter, and now catching up on my blog readings. Seriously, I think I need to get an iPad or something for when I go away; especially for a long period of time like I did with David from August 13th to August 23rd. In any event, I saw this on Charade's Archival August and felt inspired to write a to go to list. Here is what Charade suggested:

Write a To-Go-To List. Travel isn’t on all of our agendas, but it’s pretty high on most. Why not compile a list of the next five places you would love to travel, perhaps adding how long you would like to go for, who you would like to go with, and what you’ll do there. This doesn’t have to be reserved for epic overseas adventures; weekends away or daytrips to places nearer by are perhaps even more important to list as they are the excursions we often take for granted and overlook.

I am a big list maker. I make lists for books to read (which she also suggested) to restaurants I would like to try to personal favourites of mine. So what five places would I like to go next? The first three places will be traveled with David and only for a week time span. I do not think I can last 10 days again! The final two places I think a weekend will suffice.

1: Seattle, Washington. I would like to visit this town filled with lots of coffee, great food, creativity, as well as the grave sites of Bruce and Brandon Lee. Also, I have adopted the dream that my fiance' has which is to visit every baseball field in the United States and I think it would be cool to see the Mariners play. Also, the weather is sublime even if it allegedly rains all the time.

2: San Francisco, California. Yes I know I was just in California but this town exudes the perfect scenery, the San Francisco Giants, the large Monopoly park, and of course Alcatraz and the Golden Gate bridge.

3: New Orleans, Louisiana. Now I know I am going down there in October with my mom but it is a shopping excursion as my mom knows I love things paranormal as well as a francophile. I think I need more than two days to explore this city so I would love to go there for a week of exploration.

4: Raleigh, North Carolina. It is no secret that I adore the South...well I adore Atlanta. From the southern hospitality to the food to the beautiful parks, this seems to be a great place to unwind for a weekend.

5: Mount Rushmore. Yes I know it is North Dakota where there is ABSOLUTELY nothing, but this is a national landmark and I am all for visiting national landmarks.

What places would you love to go to next? I would love to see this list of yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all kinds of feedback so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the comment love! I truly adore everything and anything you have to say!