Thursday, August 4, 2011

30 Day Book Challenge -- Day 14 and 15



So I got kinda backlogged with this...only by two days! Today entry I will have two prompts and I PROMISE to remember to keep this up on a daily basis...well until I go to California where I will not have access to computer and I will be on vacation...

Day 14 - Favorite character in a book (of any sex or gender)

Now I could go with my favorite character in my favorite book which is Legs Sadovsky but that is just way too easy. So lets see..favorite character in a book...hmm. For myself I would have to say my favorite character in a book is Alice Cullen in The Twilight Saga. Alice is described as being petite and pixie-like at 4'10", with a graceful gait and hair that is short, spiky, and black. Her special ability is to see the future, an enhanced version of her ability to have premonitions as a human. However, her ability is limited; she is only able to see the outcome of a decision once it is made. Due to this, decisions made in the spur of the moment can not be foreseen. Alice can see futures involving humans and vampires, though is unable to see the futures of werewolves or half-breeds, such as Renesmee. Alice theorizes that she can see vampires very clearly because she is one, can see humans somewhat less clearly because she was one, and cannot see werewolves or half-breeds because she has never been one. Alice is portrayed as being bubbly and optimistic, and loves and cares for Bella like a sister. Her hobbies include shopping, make-overs, and throwing parties.

A lot of that description I would have to say is identical to my personality -- well except for the throwing parties part as well as having premonitions! Plus I am not short nor petite or have short spiky hair!

Day 15 - Your “comfort” book

My "comfort" book would have to be Peanuts Philosophers by Charles M. Schulz. The comic strip puts everything into perspective. Charlie Brown has a lot to say on loneliness, defeat, and disillusionment. Snoopy philosophizes on dancing, anxiety, and a dog’s life. Lucy discusses happiness, achievement, and little brothers. And Linus’s thoughts encompass meditation, problem solving, and even the art of prudence. There is a lot to be learned from this group of six year olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all kinds of feedback so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the comment love! I truly adore everything and anything you have to say!