Sunday, August 7, 2011

30 Day Book Challenge -- Day 17 - 20



Bad Blogger! Bad! Yes I know I am behind. My computer is very pissed at me. I am going to California in five days and my computer is letting me know he is not happy. It would not let me import a Dani Travel to California mix that my friend made me as well as not allowing me the opportunity to write. Well after letting it rest and lots of coaxing, we are BACK. With that said, let me catch up with my blog challenge.

Day 17 - Favorite story or collection of stories (short stories, novellas, novelettes, etc.)

Hmm. For this one, I have to go back to the same author I used for favorite poem -- Neil Gaiman. He came out with a collection of short stories called Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders. This collection contains exactly the sort of stories that I would expect Neil Gaiman to write -- brilliant, original, imaginative fantasy tales that occasionally make tentative steps across the border into Horror(but never quite get there or cross over that line). There is a fantasy element in a lot of the stories but nothing epic; more of a lyrical sort and has a sense of reality -- there are no hobbits here, and almost all these tales concern fantasy styles that seem to have somehow brushed up against our reality, rather than the reverse. If you like Neil Gaiman's other works, you will enjoy this collection.

Day 18 - Favorite beginning scene in a book

Wow. My memory is sharp, but not that sharp. This is tough as I usually read the last page of a book I am interested in getting. So for this I am going with the beginning scene in Snuff by Chuck Palahniuk.

Day 19 - Favorite book cover (bonus points for posting an image!)


Day 20 - Favorite kiss


My favorite kiss comes from a scene that could and should be reproduced on film Amazing Spider-Man #143, Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson realize their love for one another as they kiss before he leaves on a plane to Europe. You can cut the love tension with a knife in this scene.

I promise...I will do Day 21 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all kinds of feedback so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the comment love! I truly adore everything and anything you have to say!