Thursday, August 11, 2011

30 Day Book Challenge - Day 21-23


These book challenge blog entries are increasingly becoming harder and harder. Either my memory of what I read is going kaput or maybe I am losing interest with this series? I always finish with what I start so with that being said...here are the prompts for Day 21, 22, and 23

Day 21 - Favorite romantic/sexual relationship (including asexual romantic relationships)

Going to have to go back to the comic books and say the romantic/sexual relationship I adored the most would be Laurie Jupiter/Silk Spectre II and Dr Manhatten followed by Nite Owl in the graphic novel Watchmen by Alan Moore. The back and forth tension and passion between those two was just magic on the page. Yes I know Laurie/Silk Spectre II is considered a slut by other readers of this book as she just jumped to Nite Owl due to her loneliness but again this relationship showed emotion. At least in my opinion anyway.

Day 22 - Favorite non-sexual relationship (including asexual romantic relationships)


Hmmm...I assume this prompt deals with two friends or parent/children relationship (unless you are using Oedipus Rex). With this, I would have to say my favorite non-sexual relationship would be Coraline and her "other mother" in Coraline by Neil Gaiman. In case you have not read the story (and now I will bap you upside the head to go to a library and get it) Coraline is the story of a girl named Coraline who lives with her work-at-home parents. The family has just moved into an apartment in an old house. During the day, when her parents are working Coraline goes exploring in the neighborhood. One rainy day she explores the apartment and finds a door which sometimes opens onto a brick wall but sometimes leads to an apartment similar to her own but more colorful. Here her "Other Mother" is an excellent cook, her clothes are more stylish and fun and everyone pronounces Coraline's unusual name correctly. Before she realizes it Coraline is trapped in the other apartment with her Other Mother and the situation is not all butterflies and rainbows as it first appeared to be. Coraline must use her ingenuity to set things right and return to her own apartment.

Day 23 - Most annoying character ever


Oh god...the most annoying character ever is Bella Swan in The Twilight Saga. She is a plain brainless moron who does not think for herself. It is all about what Edward wants. She is bland. She never truly develops as a character. She's monotone. She displays women who depend on men, and who do all the housework. She is "irrevocably" in love with someone who wants to murder her, and someone she doesn't honestly know. Throughout the series, we are told over and over that Bella is a strong girl, a heroine of sorts. But in reality she is a total pushover. She lets Edward tell her what to do, up to what car she drives, going to prom and forcing birthday gifts on her. She lets Alice plan her wedding and tell her what to wear. She is a fucking doormat. I can not stand doormats, even in my reading. I could go on and on but that is another blog for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all kinds of feedback so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the comment love! I truly adore everything and anything you have to say!