Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Activities Advent Calendar for December


As I am sure a lot of people are aware -- it is Christmas month and I am more excited this year than ever. It might be due to being a Kindergarten teacher and that is okay. This year I am doing an activities Advent calendar to count down to Christmas after reading some great articles online about it. I am big on traditions so here is an outline. Some of the things will be done by myself, with others, with David, or with my family.

December 1st: Start decorating house and gather Christmas music.
December 2nd: Get a delicious scarf from the Union Square Holiday Market (support small businesses!) and start going through my winter accessories to donate to The Bowery Mission.
December 3rd: Visit nephews and start to get cards ready.
December 4th: Donate winter accessories to The Bowery Mission. Help someone in need.
December 5th: Watch Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer with my class.
December 6th: Make paper snowflakes and hang in windows.
December 7th: Wear custom made mistletoe headband to work.
December 8th: Try and take photo with Santa Claus.
December 9th: Go to Bryant Park and watch the ice skaters. Ever since breaking my left ankle and left foot I am deadly afraid to put anything on my feet besides shoes.
December 10th: Eat some Ferrero Rocher chocolates and try a peppermint mocha at Starbucks.
December 11th: Go with David or by myself for some hot chocolate at Jacque Torres Chocolate. If you are reading this and would like to join me, please do!
December 12th: Watch Pee Wee's Playhouse Christmas Special with my class.
December 13th: Get some chocolate coins or candy canes and give them to the people who make me smile.
December 14th: Make a gingerbread house for my classroom during recess.
December 15th: Get a sparkly manicure and pedicure at Blush Nail Lounge.
December 16th: Start getting letters and decorations together for Secret Santa party at school.
December 17th: Start wrapping my gifts before attending Family Wrestling Entertainment in NYC.
December 18th: Take picture in Santa hats with David in Union Square.
December 19th: Watch Dr Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the cartoon) with my class.
December 20th: Visit Rockefellar Center Christmas tree.
December 21st: Wear Christmas themed/ugly Christmas sweater clothes at work.
December 22nd: Wear mistletoe headband again.
December 23rd: Check out Christmas themed windows along 5th Avenue.
December 24th: Dinner with David (this will be our 3rd engagement anniversary)
December 25th: Watch A Charlie Brown Christmas and other Christmas specials with David after opening presents and having dinner with family.


Are you doing a activities Advent calendar this year? If so, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all kinds of feedback so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the comment love! I truly adore everything and anything you have to say!