Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Doing Things for Others Brings You to the Land of Positivity!

Sometimes, the best way to feel good about yourself is to invest some time in others.

Some wise words from Megan over at Charade Style. Now I have a little confession to make -- I do a lot of things for others and you know what it makes me feel GOOD. In this day and age it is all about the individual, what can you do to make yourself stand out? Well why not helping others be what sets you apart? You might also attract like minded individuals to your cause. Right now my own individual emphasis is finding happiness. As Megan has asked -- We can choose to be positive life forces or we can choose to be negative life forces; what do you choose? I will admit I did have a relapse last week with David when he invited me to watch the NFC Championship game with his friends. I became over-analytical, overzealous, and over thought everything instead of just saying "you know what? He enjoys sports and wants to share it with me so why not go?" I did go, made the best of the situation as I do not know a lot about sports, and had fun. David's team won too and is off to the Super Bowl and he called me his "good luck charm". He roots for the New York Giants by the way.

Now that I have rambled on...let me outline for you some of the helpful things I do for others and that make me feel good/positive. These things can be small or big. The point is to invest in some time in others. Everyone needs some sort of support group and people like it when you are interested in them. Here we go:

1: Go through your closet and donate some items you know you will never wear again to a shelter. I did that three times for The Bowery Mission and it felt so good.

2: Holding the door open for people. Even if they do not say thank you, you at least know you did something nice.

3: Assisting a lost tourist in NYC or whichever city you might live in. Offer places to go too!

4: Volunteer at a library to help someone learn how to read.

5: If your friends have an interest that you really do not know that much about (for example David is a big sports fan) ask them about it! David loves it when I do this. It shows that you care about their life and what they are into.

6: Making a cup of tea for my mom, brother, or father just the way they like it.

7: Bringing in heavy groceries and helping put them away in my house.

What do you do for others?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all kinds of feedback so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the comment love! I truly adore everything and anything you have to say!