Thursday, February 16, 2012

Joisey Kayfabe -- Why I Will Not Be at Wrestlemania 29 on April 7, 2013

It has been a hot minute since I wrote a Joisey Kayfabe blog. Let me explain what this feature is all about first for those that do not remember -- I am a professional wrestling fan. I have been a fan since the tender age of six; watching AWA/NWA/WCW/WWF with my older brother. We still watch professional wrestling today as it is one of the fandoms that has bonded us. The only difference is that I will travel for professional wrestling shows with David, my fiancé' who I also met through the amazement of professional wrestling. i love to talk about professional wrestling; even took photos for some professional wrestling companies and for some of the wrestlers you see today on your television. i had a column in my college newspaper (The Pauw Wow at Saint Peters College located in Jersey City, New Jersey) about professional wrestling. I loved writing it so decided to bring it back in the blogosphere.

So this feature today is about why I vehemently hate the decision to hold Wrestlemania 29 in Metlife Stadium located in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Ever since David and I started dating we have traveled together for Wrestlemania. My first Wrestlemania on the road was Wrestlemania 23 in Detroit, Michigan at lovely Ford Field. Since then I have been to Wrestlemania 24 at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Florida which was coincided with my birthday so it was an awesome trip; Wrestlemania 25 in Houston, Texas; was supposed to go to Wrestlemania 26 in Phoenix, Arizona but due to being a klutz and breaking my left foot this event does not exist in my mind, and Wrestlemania 27 in one of my favorite cities in all of the United States, Atlanta, Georgia. I am currently working out details for Wrestlemania 28 in Miami, Florida.

When I heard the announcement of Wrestlemania 29 in my fair state of New Jersey, I cringed. Here is why.

1: I like to travel for Wrestlemania. It sort of gives me an excuse to visit every state in the United States which is one of my longtime goals.
2: The Wrestlemanias listed above that I have attended have all been inside of a football stadium with a dome. Metlife Stadium does not have a dome. Weather in April in the tri-state area can be tricky. The phrase "April showers bring May flowers" still applies here. Also who is to say it will not snow? What will happen then? I do not think there are plans to build a dome between now and then; then again I could be wrong.
3: Getting to Metlife Stadium is a BITCH especially if you live in New Jersey and do not drive.
4: The tri-state area should have had Wrestlemania 30. It is the tradition that Wrestlemania 1, 10, and 20 happened in Madison Square Garden where Wrestlemania originated. For Wrestlemania 30 to happen anywhere but MSG it will just not feel right. To use a show title from Ring of Honor -- Tradition Continues. I like traditions.

With these reasons said, I sincerely doubt I will be in attendance for Wrestlemania 29. Hall of Fame ceremony, Charity Art auction, Wrestlemania Axxess plus other various special events -- that is a different story as those events are held indoors. But for this Joisey Girl to sit in the possible cold for my love of professional wrestling? Sorry Vince...you have to do much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all kinds of feedback so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the comment love! I truly adore everything and anything you have to say!