Friday, February 26, 2010

Fun Friday

One of the things I would like to do with this blog is instill some regular posts that when it is that day of the week I will know what to write about. So Thursday is for Things I Love Thursday. I am thinking that Wednesday will be for Awe Wednesday where I take what I wrote in my Radical Self Love/Awe-Manac bible and post here it and Fridays I am going to post FUN FRIDAY! Just some fun things that you can do, view, think about, or just amaze in its greatness. Now do you have to do it just on Friday? NO! It is for the whole weekend! So let us begin:

--If you are in the tri-state area, you were probably hit with SNOWMAGGEDON 2. I was. My lovely city has about 14 inches of snow on the ground. Should you hide? NO! I say go out there, do some sledding, throw some snowballs, make a snowman, whatever makes your heart jump. Plus after you play, go inside and make yourself a nice hot steaming cup of cocoa with marshmallows (if you want) or a cup of tea.

--After you thaw, watch some movies that have the element of snow in them. I say watch Snow Dogs for the cute factor, Fargo for the drama factor, Miracle for the Winter Olympics factor, and anything else you can think of.

--GET READY FOR ST. JOSEPHS DAY! St. Josephs Day is on March 19th. This is a big religious holiday and is a major holiday for Italian-American communities. For St Josephs Day, which falls on a Friday, I say have a feast with your best friends. Make sure you bring the zeppoles and fava beans! (If you want to know more, just ask me since it is part of my culture.)

--Winter is almost over but we do have a way to go. To get yourself out of the winter blues, WEAR SOME BRIGHT COLORS!

--Using just your camera phone, take some photos of your surroundings and send them to a close friend that does not live near you. What a perfect way to share communities!

--Put on silly dance music and dance around your room or wherever you are!

--Start a new book. My problem is choosing which one!

--Just be. Lay in your bed. Enjoy the stillness. Listen to your heartbeat. Listen to your breath. JUST BE.

Hope your weekend is fun and magical!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all kinds of feedback so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the comment love! I truly adore everything and anything you have to say!