Thursday, June 9, 2011

Things I Love Thursday -- June 9th Edition


Oh my goodness is it a scorcher out there in the NYC area! My school district is closing early today due to the extreme heat and that is the #1 thing I am in love with this week. Here is what else I am in love with this week as I gulp down water to keep myself cool.

~~Spicy Thai Lettuce Wraps from One Lucky Duck. This is a raw vegan take away menu from the restaurant Pure Food and Wine and there is a location in Chelsea Market. Gave me the energy to do the next thing I am in love with...

~~Walking the entire High Line park two times. That was a 3 MILE long walk. It was amazing and exhilariting.

~~Making a different combination of milkshake at Ronnybrook Milk Bar in Chelsea Market. That combination is chocolate ice cream and ginger ice cream. Very sweet with a kick at the end. If you can, try it!

~~Salted Caramel Pinkberry. Oh my goodness. Once you have it, you will become addicted. Trust me. I love making a fruit parfait out of it as well as adding heath bars to it. Mmmm.....so good!

~~Beating this heat! The last time I suffered through a bad heat wave was in 2003 while I was in Paris, France. It was three digit temperatures for close to 4 days and a lot of places in Paris do not have air conditioning. So I survived on taking three showers a day, eating ice pops and ice cream, and drinking loads of water. Doing the same here for the next two days and it is working.

~~My custom made Hello Kitty sunglasses that Natalie from Bake and Destroy helped me find. Thanks!

~~Hearing along the High Line "Hey is that Ric Flair in your hair?" Why yes it is courtesy of Lucky Cupcake Hair Clips





What are you in love with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all kinds of feedback so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the comment love! I truly adore everything and anything you have to say!