Monday, December 20, 2010

Appreciation in 2010




Saw this prompt on And This is What She Said and thought I would give it a whirl.

What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it? (Author: Victoria Klein)

There are lot of things I can say that I appreciate. My life, my family, my David but all of those answers are pretty cliche'. So what do I appreciate the most in the past year?

Having the ability to walk.

See, back in March 2010 I had a stress fracture in my left foot that rendered me un-walkable, if that is even a word, until May 19th. I was out of work, home all day long, missed out on a great vacation to Phoenix, Arizona with David, missed out on movies I wanted to see, missed out on events I wanted to go to, missed out meeting Cherie Currie from the Runaways, and overall had major cabin fever. I even missed having sex/pleasuring myself because it was uncomfortable to do! I would look forward to physical therapy and doctors visits because I got out of the house! That is not my idea of great time.

After being home for close to three months, I definitely looked forward to going into work, going into NYC, and just walking period. I feel for those that are stuck to wheelchairs and crutches all their lives. I try not to take elevators or escalators a lot, unless it is a pretty steep climb uphill and I know that I could not handle it. I was so proud of walking over the summer I remember walking from 14th and 6th Avenue to 54th and 6th Avenue! I was not tired at all! My foot was sore the next day but the fact that I did it, made me feel so proud. I definitely appreciate my ability to walk.

Now it is your turn to answer the prompt....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all kinds of feedback so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the comment love! I truly adore everything and anything you have to say!