Sunday, October 21, 2018

Book Review: This Is a Whoopsie! by Andrew Cangelose and Josh Shipley

As most people are aware -- my career is in education. I am constantly on the look out for inspiring childrens books that I can bring into the classroom; age appropriate content with a real life connection and how my students can relate to the story. Currently I am working in Kindergarten so building that foundation of literacy as well as social development is crucial at such a young age. When I saw this book available on Net Galley I immediately jumped on it. I mean, how can you say no to a cute moose on the cover? This book was released on October 16, 2018 and is by the same author of This is a Taco, which features a cameo of Taco.

Here is the book description: This is supposed to be a book about all the different things moose can do, like leaping and jumping and being really tall. But maybe Whoopsie isn't the right moose for the job. You might want to pick a different moose for this book. Maybe instead we can do a book about falling down a lot? Yeah! Whoopsie would be great at that.This hilarious book about a clumsy moose shows that sometimes being a little different can make one great story.

What I loved about this book is the message it provides -- finding what you are good at when you are constantly aware of what you are not good at. It is perfect to have that reflection and introspection but also knowing to not dwell in the negative self talk. It has a great message that we all make mistakes and that we learn from them. Plus the fact that I am a klutz myself, I was quick to identify with Whoopsie, which is also crucial with children's education -- if they can relate to the character in the story, the message and lesson will be learned. I also loved the facts about the animal known as the moose thrown in. Furthermore as I read this book I had a smile on my face. How can you not enjoy a book that makes you laugh? Finally the illustrations are clever and bring the reader in with a sense of feeling involved.

I absolutely adored and loved this book. It is really adorable and it is highly recommended for both the classroom and for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all kinds of feedback so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the comment love! I truly adore everything and anything you have to say!