Friday, September 1, 2017

Countdown to Halloween -- 2017 Edition

First of all -- let me apologize for not writing a blog since July. This seems to be a trend I have noticed. I had a lot of things go down in my life lately so I have been in a reading and writing slump. I am making my way out of my hole though. With that being said...lets get this annual feature of my blog started!

My favorite holiday, besides my birthday, is Halloween. I am drawn to all things Halloween/Autumn -- vampires, zombies, werewolves, cheesy 80s horror movies, dressing up, anything pumpkin flavored or scented, sweater weather... Just love it! With that said I thought it would be cool to do a COUNTDOWN TO HALLOWEEN activities list. Most of this stuff will be done by myself. Yes I know there are dates attached but I am using it more as a check off list.

October 1st: Watch the movie The Lost Boys
October 2nd: Watch the movie Nightmare on Elm Street (original with Robert Englund)
October 3rd? Watch the movie Hotel Transylvania.
October 4th: Attend In This Moment concert with Robert Payes and friends. (Done! Had a blast!)
October 5th: Attend New York Comic Con. (Done! Not a big haul like in years past but overall a good time.)
October 6th: Relax and catch up on the movies I missed above.
October 7th: Attend UWA Elite in South River, NJ or SWF in Jackson, NJ (yes....not a Halloween themed event but I do like my wrasslin'!) (Done! Went to SWF Wrestling in Jackson, NJ.)
October 8th: Go see Blade Runner 2049
October 9th: Watch the movie Hellraiser
October 10th: Watch the movie House of 1000 Corpses.
October 11th: Watch the movie Psycho (original Alfred Hitchcock version).
October 12th: Watch the Universal classic horror movies Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein. (Done!)
October 13th: Attend Ultimate Greenwich Village Ghost Tour with a half Jason/Half Dani painted face. (Done!)
October 14th: Get candles with a cinnamon or pumpkin smell from Bath and Body Works for my room. (Done!)
October 15th: Attend the 11th Annual NYC Zombie Crawl (Done! Was on Channel 7 ABC Eyewitness News!)
October 16th: Watch the movie Paranorman
October 17th: Watch the cartoon Its the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (Done!)
October 18th: Watch the movie Hocus Pocus.
October 19th: Watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
October 20th: Go visit the Nerd Herders for early birthday shenanigans! (Done! So much fun as always!)
October 21st: Attend Jersey All Pro Wrestling in Rahway, NJ or Pro Wrestling Magic in Ridgefield Park, NJ (more wrasslin'....)(Done! Went to Jersey All Pro Wrestling and had a lot of fun.)
October 22nd: Watch the movie The Craft and the season premiere of The Walking Dead
October 23rd: Howl at the moon....lol....maybe not but instead maybe get a beauty treatment that is pumpkin scented or fall inspired. (Done!) Got the Too Cool for School Pumpkin Sleeping Pack)
October 24th: Watch the movie Carrie (the original version with Sissy Spasek)
October 25th: HAPPY BIRTHDAY VERONICA!!!
October 26th: Wear cat ears to work.
October 27th: Visit a farm and pick a pumpkin. (Didn't visit a farm. Instead went to the Union Square Farmers Market and got a pumpkin there.)
October 28th: Watch the movie Teen Witch
October 29th: Get a fall inspired color manicure.
October 30th: Wear skull hand hair clip. (Done!)
October 31st: HALLOWEEN!! Give an acorn to loved ones for good luck and fortune in the new year and get a tarot card reading for guidance for the year to come.

What are you doing for October/Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all kinds of feedback so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the comment love! I truly adore everything and anything you have to say!