Wednesday, February 17, 2016

25 Bookish Facts About Me

Hey there faithful readers! I thought I would write a blog this time discussing more about me. You know...the bookworm that has a mountain to be read but continues to buy books and make wish lists. Anyway...here we go!

1: While I do like the look of a hardcover book, I much prefer to read paperbacks. Even if a new release that I am excited about comes out -- I will either purposely wait until it is in paperback or order them from the Book Depository as they normally get paperbacks before the United States since they are a United Kingdom based company.

2: If I am in the zone, I can read 75 pages an hour.

3: I have embarrassed myself in front of one of my favorite authors (Rainbow Rowell) at BookCon last year. I went to tell her a story and instead...well...lets just say Dani had another Ric Flair moment. Those that know me well, know that story.

4: I need to schedule my reading time. Most of the time it is at night.

5: My favorite genre to read is science fiction/fantasy as well as young adult.

6: I will not start a book series until all of the books in the series are published; therefore I do not have to wait! I recently did this with The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer.

7: I have not read any books in the Game of Thrones series. I also do not plan to.

8: While I do enjoy young adult -- the dystopian trend in young adultneeds to STOP!!

9: I will buy any book if it is set in New Orleans, New York City, or Boston.

10: I do not lend out books unless your name is George or Veronica. Simple as that. I will give books away though.

11: I am not a fan of mass market paperbacks. I am near-sighted to begin with and the font is so small that I have to actually put the book as close to my nose as possible to be able to read it. Um, no. I do not have time for that. I will spend the extra money for the actual size paperback and enjoy it.

12: Cup of tea + book = How I usually read.

13: I am not a fan of e-books. I rather have the physical book in my hands with the smell and the turning of the pages and the paper cuts.

14: For the most part -- I buy most of my books online.

15: While I absolutely love to read, I have no desire to write my own book. Journaling, this blog, wrestling characters, role playing games, copy editing -- that is all of the writing for me. I am not an active creative writer. I will use what I read to find inspiration for my other geeky fandoms.

16: One of the biggest struggles I have with being a bookworm is when I get new books -- WHERE THE HECK AM I GOING TO PUT THEM ON MY SHELVES?

17: I have still never listened to an audiobook. My plan was to try Audible for a month but just never got around to it.

18: I have absolutely no problem giving book recommendations to complete strangers while I am out and about. Even if I see them pick up a book that I know I like I will tell them "YOU WILL LOVE THAT BOOK! IT IS SO GOOD!"

19: I do not believe in having too many books.

20: I really love when the book that I am reading mentions pop culture references that I can identify with. Just brings me closer to the book.

21: I will never get tired of books set in a school or have paranormal activity/characters in them.

22: I will always be sad that I never received my acceptance letter to Hogwarts.

23: I always take the dust jackets off of hardcovers when I am reading them. They annoy me and I always seem to rip them or mess them up.

24: I still read children's picture books; even if it is not for work.

25: Whenever I am traveling, you will catch me browsing the airport bookstore but will not buy anything from there as the books are way overpriced.

Well there you have it. What are some bookish facts about you? Leave them in the comments below!

1 comment:

I love all kinds of feedback so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the comment love! I truly adore everything and anything you have to say!