Sunday, November 29, 2015

December Advent Calendar 2015

Besides Halloween, I will admit I still get excited for Christmas time. Things just seem to be more magical in the month of December. Maybe it is because of finally finding the love of my life or maybe it is due to still working in Kindergarten; I do not know. For the fourth year in a row, I am doing an activities Advent Calendar to count down to Christmas after reading some great articles online about it. I am big on traditions so here is an outline. Most of the things will be done either by myself, with George, or with my family. Also, just because there is a date attached does not mean it will happen on that date -- it is more of a checklist.

November 29th: Give George his Countdown to Christmas advent calendar (25 wrapped books. He opens up one a day to countdown until Christmas.)(Done!)
November 30th: Watch the 50th Anniversary Special of Charlie Brown/A Charlie Brown Christmas (Done!)
December 1st: Gather clothes and bring to The Bowery Mission.
December 2nd: Make Christmas mix CD for George. (Done!)
December 3rd: Get holiday cards. (Done!)
December 4th: Wear mistletoe headband.
December 5th: Watch the movie Scrooged.
December 6th: Get some chocolate coins and give them to people who make me smile. (Done!)
December 7th: Wear Christmas ornament earrings, get some hot chocolate at Hu Kitchen & walk around Union Square holiday market. (Done!)
December 8th: Watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
December 9th: Start writing out holiday cards. (Done!)
December 10th: Get a holiday inspired manicure. Make sure one nail is sparkly!
December 11th: Watch A Nightmare Before Christmas.
December 12th: Attend CZW Cage of Death with George. (Done!)
December 13th: Mail holiday cards (Done!)
December 14th: Watch He-Man & She-Ra A Christmas Special
December 15th: Get a holiday inspired candle from Bath and Body Works.
December 16th: Make Star Wars themed glitter snowflakes.
December 17th: Go watch some ice skaters in Bryant Park.
December 18th: Watch one of my favorite movies Untamed Heart and have a good cry.
December 19th: Cozy up in some pajamas and watch the Pee Wee's Playhouse Christmas Special.
December 20th: Give my Funshine buddy her present.(Done!)
December 21st: Watch The Original Christmas Classics (Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, The Little Drummer Boy) on DVD.
December 22nd: Make sure all of my gifts are wrapped. (Done!)
December 23rd: Wear ugly Christmas sweater to work. (Done!)
December 24th: Go Christmas caroling in Washington Square Park. (Due to the weather, I didn't go.)
December 25th: CHRISTMAS!!! Open presents and watch The Muppets Christmas Carol.
December 26th: George visits to celebrate Boxing Day and Christmas. Go and see Star Wars: The Force Awakens, go to dinner, and just celebrate our time together.

I hope all of my readers are enjoying this holiday season! What did you do for the season? Leave a comment below to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all kinds of feedback so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the comment love! I truly adore everything and anything you have to say!